Supplier Diversity and Sustainability Purchasing Professional
Barilla is an Italian family-owned food company. Established in 1877, it’s now an international Group present in more than 100 countries.
A world leader in the markets of pasta and ready–to–use sauces in continental Europe, bakery products in Italy and crispbread in Scandinavia, the Barilla Group is recognized worldwide as a symbol of Italian know–how.
“The Joy of Food for a Better Life” is Barilla’s purpose and only way each person in the Group works and of which is ambassador. It means caring for the wellbeing of people and the planet in everything Barilla does, from the field to consumption; it also means promoting open and transparent working relationships in the communities Barilla is part of.
Job Purpose: It is responsible to lead, develop, track, report and improve the supplier diversity program and sustainability projects in US and Canada
Provide support on purchasing activities, reporting, and various purchasing categories. The role will provide support also to the global supplier diversity program.
1. Supplier Diversity 60% of the time:
a) Leads the planning, development, tracking, reporting, and improvement of the supplier diversity activities in the US and Canada
b) Engage internal requestors and buyers to identify diverse suppliers
c) Monitor results and define development targets
d) Develop and maintain a tier 2 program
e) Promote Barilla’s presence and interaction with external NGOs and stakeholders
f) Attend conferences/ events of partners NGOs and stakeholders
g) Provide support to sales for reporting on demand
h) Provide Support to the Global Supplier Diversity program 10% of the time:
2. Sustainability Initiatives 20% of the time:
a) Support the ongoing Sustainability Initiatives.
b) Serve as a liaison with the Global Sustainability Team in order to report periodic progress and present to US marketing team the activities ongoing at the global level. -20% of the time
3. Purchasing activities 20% of the time:
a) Execute purchasing activities as assigned by the manager
b) Provide reporting analyses, rolling forecast, and cost saving
c) Key user US on power BI for purchasing (e.g. suppliers scorecard, supply spend, etc)
d) Perform ad-hoc analysis as needed.
4. Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain Management, Operations Management, Food Industry Management, Purchasing, or equivalent preferred.
• 3-5 years of relevant experience in one or more of the following subjects: Supplier Diversity, Sustainability, Purchasing, External Relations Management, supply chain, vendor management.
• Experience in dealing with an external organization, NGOs, suppliers
• Strong understanding of Supplier Management along with a general understanding of Supply Chain Best Demonstrated Practices and Principles
• Working knowledge of SAP and BW is desirable.
• Strong skills in MS Office including Excel and Access or other databases, and reporting tools with strong analytic fundamentals/ proficiency in analyzing large data sets.
• Ability to multitask and prioritize work, quickly learn and become competent in, and effectively apply new skills.
• Project management and continuous improvement experience a plus.
• Strong interpersonal and influencing skills that foster collaboration within the team, with business partners, and with cross-functional stakeholders.
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Travel: 20% – primarily domestic; potentially 1-week annual international travel
Barilla is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of Barilla to prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances, nationally and internationally. Other classifications include, but are not limited to, family status, health status, multicultural differences, political ideas and sexual orientation.