- This event has passed.
Futurpreneur Mentorship Information Session
February 3, 2022 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
CAMSC and Futurpreneur have partnered to provide better support and more opportunities to young entrepreneurs with diverse backgrounds. Futurpreneur has recently launched both the Black Entrepreneur Startup Program and the Indigenous Young Entrepreneur Startup Program led by a staff with lived experience. The partnership with CAMSC was recently announced providing opportunity to those entrepreneurs with more supports and introduce them to the benefits of supplier diversity.
Futurpreneur is looking for mentors from diverse backgrounds who are experienced and thoughtful professionals committed to investing their time to assist in the growth and development of young entrepreneurs. As a mentor, you will have the opportunity to share your knowledge and experience and support the next generation of entrepreneurs in Canada.
Mentoring with Futurpreneur is sure to be a rewarding experience!
Mentors provide business advice and help young entrepreneurs remain focused on what is important for the success of their business.
Benefits of mentoring
- The opportunity to contribute and make a difference in helping young entrepreneurs build successful businesses
- Actively engage in and contribute to the economic development of your community
- Build your leadership and management skills
- Share your experienced-based learnings and personal wisdom with emerging business owners
- Be in a reciprocal learning relationship: you may learn just as much from your mentee as your mentee will learn from you!
- Raise your personal profile across Canada through Futurpreneur’s entrepreneurial network
- Attend Futurpreneur’s events and meet other successful business mentors like you
- Gain the personal satisfaction of knowing you’ve made a difference while building your advisory skills
Who can be a Futurpreneur Mentor?
We’re looking for entrepreneurs and intrapreneurs with the following experience:
- A minimum of 5 years of entrepreneurship experience or 15 years of intrapreneurship experience.
- Willing and available to work with an entrepreneur for a minimum of four hours per month over the course of two years
- Ready to be paired with an entrepreneur within 3 months of registering as a mentor
*What’s an intrapraneur? An intrapreneur is an employee who uses entrepreneurial skills within a company to turn an idea or project into a viable venture for the business.
There are two ways to get involved and learn more:
If you know right now that this is an opportunity for you, please follow the link below to Apply now as a mentor with Futurpreneur: Register as a mentor Please ensure to choose CAMSC for the questions: How did you first hear about Futurpreneur?
If you would like to learn more, click here to join our webinar on February 3, 2022 at 2PM EST where you will be able to hear more about the opportunity to mentor a young entrepreneur lead by the Futurpreneur Team and have your questions answered!