Trade Commissioner Service: Reservation Economic Summit 2022
The Trade Commissioner Service (TCS), a part of Global Affairs Canada, is recruiting Indigenous businesses to participate in a Canada program at the Reservation Economic Summit (RES) 2022, taking place at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas, Nevada, on May 23-26, 2022.
RES 2022, organized by the National Center for American Indian Enterprise Development (NCAIED), is the leading Indigenous business and enterprise development summit in the United States. It is the ideal event for export-ready Indigenous businesses that want to sell their products/services to large corporations with supplier diversity programs and all levels of government and/or who want to partner with Indigenous companies/tribes in the United States. The TCS is proud to be partnering with the organizers, who expect that more than 3,000 attendees will participate in its networking activities, matchmaking opportunities, business development sessions and more.
While all Indigenous businesses are welcome to join the TCS delegation, we believe that companies offering products/services in the following areas will garner the most success:
- Food and beverage
- Gaming and entertainment
- Consumer products (including Indigenous art and traditional crafts)
- Natural resources/energy
- Infrastructure/construction/building products
- Information and communication technologies (tech)
The TCS program at RES 2022 will include:
- Preparatory webinars ahead of the event to help companies make the most of their participation in the event (how to make the most of the matchmaking program, honing your pitch for U.S. stakeholders, etc.)
- A matchmaking program that will complement RES’s online matchmaking platform (accessible to all participants)
- A Canada booth to help increase the visibility of the delegation
- Various networking opportunities
If you are interested in being part of the TCS delegation to RES 2022, here’s what you need to do:
- Fill out the short questionnaire to signal your interest in the event.
- Register for RES 2022
- If eligible, apply for CanExport SME funding to help cover part of your costs (see more details below).
CanExport SME Funding for RES 2022
The CanExport SME program offers up to $50,000 in funding to assist SMEs with their international market development activities. The program covers up to 50% of costs for export marketing of your products and services in international markets where you have little or no sales. If you meet the eligibility criteria for this program, we strongly recommend that you submit an application early to ensure that you receive a response well before the event. Your application should include your costs to participate in RES 2022 (registration fees, travel/accommodation costs, etc.) and other activities you might have planned for your expansion into the U.S. market. The CanExport SME Applicant’s Guide has the complete details on this program.
The TCS held a webinar in March to provide valuable information on our program at RES and on how to prepare your CanExport application for this event. You can find the webinar recording and material used during the webinar below:
- RES/CanExport webinar recording (36 minutes)
- Overview presentation on RES 2022
- Presentation on CanExport SME funding for RES 2022