Trade Delegation for Women Entrepreneurs to the Go for the Greens (GFTG) Supplier Diversity Conference
The Trade Commissioner Service (TCS) at the Consulate General in Miami is leading a trade delegation to the annual Go for the Greens (GFTG) Business Development Conference for Women Entrepreneurs. The trade delegation will take place from September 21-24 at the Boardwalk Resort in Orlando, Florida.
Go for the Greens is a high-level business development conference for women entrepreneurs looking for supplier diversity opportunities through an exclusive access to companies, government agencies and non-profits.
This delegation is being organized in partnership with Export Development Canada (EDC), the Business Development Bank of Canada (BDC) and Nova Scotia Business Inc. (NSBI).
Target sectors: Multisector
The conference’s unique opportunities:
- Valuable networking: Network with corporate/government buyers and other women business owners who want to trade, collaborate and form strategic alliances;
- Educational programming: Enhance your knowledge and learn about tools to help you successfully grow your business through strategic and smart business topics;
- Concierge Connections: Make business-to-business connections in small groups among corporate and government supplier diversity and procurement professionals, women entrepreneurs, non-profit leaders and other attendees;
- Golf networking: Players of all level are welcome to participate in the golfing experience on Saturday to meet, talk business and bond over hole-in-ones.
Support from the Trade Commissioner Service in Miami:
- Preparation: A pre-conference information session with the conference organizers, capabilities statement workshop, pre-conference webinar to review best business practices, pre-departure virtual networking, and a post-conference follow-up workshop;
- Support: Miami Trade Commissioners providing support before, during and after the conference;
- Canadian programming at the conference: Canada Reception, meetings with local experts, select opportunities for pre-arranged one-on-one business meetings with corporate/government buyers and other women-owned suppliers (not guaranteed).
CanExport SMEs funding:
Delegates are invited to apply for CanExport SMEs funding as soon as possible. CanExport SMEs is open to projects in any sector, and reimburses up to 50% of eligible expenses (including costs related to travel and accommodations). To learn more, visit the CanExport webpage and consult the detailed Applicant’s guide to find out how the funding is administered, which activities and companies are eligible, and how to build a project step-by-step.
NEW! CanExport SMEs covers the fees to obtain supplier diversity certification under certain conditions. More details can be found in the Applicant’s guide.
REGISTER TO JOIN THE CANADIAN DELEGATION
You must register directly on the conference website, Go for the Greens, where you will also find additional information about the conference, including preliminary programming.
To be included as part of the Canadian delegation, please contact Ximena Pauvif-Machado, Trade Commissioner at the Consulate General of Canada in Miami no later than August 24 in order to be included in the pre-conference Canadian programming.