This March 8th, we will be launching the first virtual Trade Accelerator Program for women-owned, women-led and women-managed businesses. In partnership with Simcoe County’s Sandbox Centre and the World Trade Centre Toronto, the program will be delivered virtually and will end with a one-on-one mentoring session with international trade experts. For the first time, we are launching this Women-led Cohort virtually and applications are open to all women-led companies based in Ontario. This will be an exciting opportunity for women entrepreneurs to network as well as learn more about exporting and how to accelerate their growth globally. We are already in touch with GAC-TCS through Lily-Arlette who will be presenting on March 9th and as we remember you both inquired about any women cohorts planned this year, we also wanted to share this information as well. We are grateful for your support and thank you again for attending and helping us spread the word about the in-person Women-led cohort in January 2020.
More information is shared below:
TAP is a dynamic, hands-on workshop for small- and medium-sized enterprises, providing SMEs with the essential knowledge, resource, and coaching to help your business grow its revenue and enter markets beyond Canada. We are offering TAP virtually and all sector-specific cohorts will be open to businesses across Ontario. Each session is delivered virtually over 5 weeks with half-day weekly sessions concluded with a virtual mentoring session. By the end of the program, companies will walk away with a complete strategic export plan, carefully vetted by our industry-leading partners and sponsors.
Around 1,000 participants have graduated from TAP over the past 5 years across Canada and these incredible stats show the following:
- 71% of graduates are now actively exporting in international markets,
- 33% experienced average growth in export revenue after just one year,
- 21% growth in total revenue after just one year, and;
- 90% of participants believed they were better prepared to do business internationally.
With this being a digital TAP Cohort, companies will have:
- Flexibility to attend sessions from their home or office
- Access to the TAP online Platform, complete with a digital library of information related to exporting and managing your business
- Speak to international trade experts
- One on one coaching with mentors
- A highly vetted Export Plan for your business